Whether you’re visiting London for business or leisure this winter, what better way to unwind from the day than to cosy up with an elegant drink in a snug atmosphere. We have compiled our favourite London bars to visit this winter.
Gordon’s Wine Bar
London’s oldest wine bar, established in 1890 is famous for both it’s premier wine list, along with its wide ranging cheese selection. Enjoy a glass of aromatic red wine under candlelight, this unique atmosphere is a two minute walk from Amba Hotel Charing Cross.
- Location: 47 Villiers Street, London, WC2N 6NE
- Opening hours: Monday to Saturday 11.00 a.m. – 11.00 p.m. Sunday’s from 12.00 noon until 10.00 p.m.
- Closest tube station: Embankment Station
Coppa Club Winter Igloos
Cosy up with fluffy blankets and sheepskin rugs in a Winter Igloo at the Copper Club, Tower Bridge. A dreamy spot ideal for hiding away from the cold, and taking in the stunning views of The Tower Bridge. If this isn’t enticing enough, they have a dedicated gin menu complete with Sipsmith Hot Gin, it’s sure to warm you up this winter.
- Location: 3 Three Quays Walk, Lower Thames Street, London, EC3R 6AH
- Opening hours: Monday to Thursday 7:30am – 11pm, Friday 7:30am – 12am, Saturday 9am – 12am, Sunday 9am – 10:30pm
- Closest tube station: Tower Hill
OXO Tower Bar
An institution within the London Bar scene, OXO Tower Bar never fails to disappoint. Located in the Oxo Tower Wharf, the landmark building boasts iconic views of the River Thames. This is one of our favourite romantic drink spots, a perfect place to watch the city sparkle with someone special.
- Location: Oxo Tower Wharf, Barge House St, South Bank, London SE1 9PH
- Opening hours: 12pm to 11pm daily
- Closest tube station: Blackfriars
The Aqua Shard is located on level 31 of the iconic Shard Tower. Enjoy your favourite drink, contemporary British cuisine whilst taking in the remarkable London views. Reservations are on a walk in basis only, we suggest going around late afternoon and witnessing the breathtaking sunset.
- Location: 32 London Bridge St, London SE1 9SG
- Opening hours: Sunday to Thursday 12pm-1am, Friday to Saturday 12pm – 3am
- Closest tube station: London Bridge